MATTA LAW’S Attorney, Estela Matta, has reached a benchmark of over one thousand of YOUR legal questions answered. More than 750 unaffiliated attorneys have concurred and agreed with the legal content, quality and particularized information provided by Attorney Matta in answer to your individual legal concerns. Keeps your questions coming!

profile pix1

Our families touch upon the most visceral aspects of our lives: our children, our spouses, our property, our money, our emotional and psychological well-being. When faced with legal changes to familial relationships, I have found that a strong, zealous and caring advocate is the best weapon. That’s when you’ll want Matta Law on your side.

Contact me if you are facing, or are contemplating a legal action. You will be pleased with the personalize attention your individual matter receives.



Family Law. Domestic Relations. Divorce/Separation. Custody. Child Support. Domestic Violence. Wills. Trusts. Estates.  

this is so over

On this website I will be posting real answers to real questions asked by real people  –YOU!  All relevant questions are welcomed.  There is a comment button on each blog post, and each page has a “like ” button. Please “like” the site and the posts and leave a comment or question.  Remember, it is your questions and concerns which are the driving engine of new posts.

You are, of course, invited to seek a consultation and retain this office to handle your legal matters.  Please send a confidential communication by email to: counselorEM@gmail.com or call my office (617) 500-7508 for a consultation. You can also send a question or comment by using the convenient “Contact Me” tab.

Want to get regular updates and notices of new blog postings?  Join our mailing list.

I must advise you of the following: Answers provided herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal advice. Additionally, answers to any questions posted do not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to obtain legal advice, please contact my office for a consultation.

Thank you for visiting.  Remember–when your case matters… you’ll know who to call.

Estela Matta, Attorney & Counselor at Law


Join the Conversation


  1. Thank you Cinda for your support. Please feel free to post a comment or ask a relevant question. Part of my objective with this site is to spread information and dispel false information about family law issues. Even if you do not have a court case, any questions are welcomed.

  2. Estella, your site is great! I would love to have you do my will, very simple… except, I live in North Carolina. Do I have to have an attorney licensed in my state?

    1. Hi Wendy. The good news is Wills are universal. That is, all courts recognize duly executed will regardless of where they were draw and a lawyer does not need to be admitted in that state to write up the will. It would be a privilege and a vote of great confidence to allow me to do your will. Why don’t you write to me at counselorEM@gmail.com to discuss in private the particulars, or call me (617-500-7508). Thanks again. Look forward to speaking with you and helping you in any way I can. Estela

  3. Hey there! I understand this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does building a well-established blog such as yours take a massive amount work?
    I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my diary daily.
    I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and feelings online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.

  4. Ңaving read thiis I thought iit wass extremely informative.
    I appreciatе you spending some time and energү to put this article togetɦer.
    I once again find myself personally spending way too
    much time both readig and commenting. Bսt so what, іt wwas still worth it!

  5. It is in reality a nice and useful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you simply
    shared this useful information with us. Please
    keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

  6. You responded to a question I posted about an expired temporary custody order. I am contemplating how to go about gaining custody back of my 11 year old son who was placed with his father on an agreed upon temporary custody order. My son, myself, and his father all reside in NH and the case was held in the Cambridge family court. I went to receive all the documentation to petition for a change of jurisdiction for the case and they told me that the case has been closed and that a court date was scheduled but no one showed for it, and now it has expired. I’m confused on what my rights are in this situation and who actually has custody of my son

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s