Sperm donor child support liability



Should gay unmarried couples who wish to name each other as executor in their wills, etc use terms such as “partner” or “life partner?”


Name your personal representative  or Executor in your Will; your relationship to the person is irrelevant. Be sure to properly identify him/her, including address and contact information. Prepare a living will (health proxy) to identify who can make end-of-life medical decisions in the event you are incapacitated. Have a power of attorney drawn up too. All of these documents can be prepared quickly by a good lawyer, and you will have peace of mind.

Estate Planning documents should be reviewed periodically and updates, as changes in circumstances require.

If you are contemplating having a will or living will prepared, please contact Matta Law office for a free consultation.

8 Lawyers agree with this answer

I’m 16 yrs old. How can I become “emancipated”?

In some rare instances the courts have allowed a minor to become “Emancipated”–to assume their own responsibility for their own care and to severe the obligation for such care with the parent(s). In order for a court to allow such a legal severance of the parental duties, a petition must be file before a court of competent jurisdiction (usually a Juvenile or a Probate & Family court) where a hearing or series of hearings will be held.

In order to qualify for a legal emancipation you must:   (a) be married, or (b) you must be in the U.S. armed forces, or (c) you must be living apart from your parents or guardian and be managing your own money and attending school regularly, or (d)  the court must decide that emancipation is in your best interests, or your parents, or your minor child (if you have any).

You should consult with a lawyer specializing in juvenile law. The juvenile court or probate court may appoint one for you at no charge.
Here is a link to a website that gives you a summary review of the process.